Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-thon Update: 1st hour

Title of book(s) read since last update: The Sky is Everywhere
Number of books read since started: 1/4 of one
Pages read since last update: 70
Running total of pages read since you started: 70
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 1 hour

I'm at the local Starbucks inside the local Barnes & Noble. I've had one tall non-fat White Chocolate Mocha (that I had a hell of a time ordering since I was still half asleep). I also ordered a "raspberry" "scone," but it was an abomination and I owe my body some serious apologies for making it ingest even a nibble of that...thing.

Just taking a short break because I finished up The Sky is Everywhere (and ended up almost sobbing in Starbucks) and Barnes & Noble opened which means the free WiFi is now in effect (I am not an AT&T person so no free Starbucks wifi for me). I'm debating whether it's too soon to order another coffee.

Also, mini-challenge number 1 is up. As I learned in the Bloggiesta, I'm not one to shy away from a challenge! This is the traditional hour 1 read-a-thon meme

Where are you reading from today? As mentioned above, the B&N Starbucks in Forest Hills. Later I will go back to my apartment (after my husband has woken up so I can have the bed to myself - the other draw of Starbucks, aside from the coffee, was the comfy booths. We still don't have a couch in our apartment after a year and a half living there!)

3 facts about me
1) I have a very patient and understanding husband who only rolls his eyes a little bit when I tell him I'm doing something like a 24 hour readathon
2) Starbucks' White Mocha Latte is the only coffee drink I can stand, and this is the first one I've had in months
3) I always have a terrible time coming up with the requisite number of facts for these things. Um...my favorite color is black? And I am, in fact, wearing my favorite comfy black T-shirt for this readathon.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? That library book pile I mentioned in my last post contains 28 books at this point. But I'm planning on sneaking to the library later and picking up the three or four books I have on reserve there. I'm hoping to get through 5 books today.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? No specific goals, just want to read!

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? This is my first time, so no advice from me yet!

2 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Keep it going! You're doing an outstanding job!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, almost sobbing in Starbucks? Yay for books that bring tears (or in this case, almost tears). I'm not really making sense. xD

But now, I can't wait to read my copy of The Sky is Everywhere!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails