Monday, February 28, 2011

Month in review: February

If it weren't for the fact I got married in February, it would probably be my least favorite month. The snow and cold have long lost their appeal, and it's so short! Made even more so this year by my awesome tropical vacation. As you may remember, I put up a poll asking for your help in selecting my vacation reading. I brought 7 books with me and read the following:

  • XVI by Julia Karr
  • The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson
  • I Am J by Cris Beam
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  • Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda
Yes, I definitely overpacked when it came to books, but I liked having choices. Short reviews for all of those are up at Goodreads - and I even have a profile picture up there now! I have a ton of reviews that need to be posted in addition to these, so reviews might go back up to five a week for a little bit so I can get somewhat caught up.

After all of the excitement in January, February was a bit quieter. Nominations for the Nerds Heart YA tournament did open up though - and they continue through March 7th! Please continue to send in your nominations through the handy-dandy form - check out the criteria to see if your favorite under-represented 2010 book could find a place in the tournament. I had fun last year as a judge, and I'm totally excited and honored to be participating this year as a consultant, helping to pare down the longlist of nominated titles into a shortlist of book that will be placed in a cutthroat tournament.

Or not so cutthroat, really. Book bloggers are pretty mild mannered, most of the time. But come on, make the consulting job hard for us and nominate a bunch of awesome books, okay?

Okay. Now off to go write up all of those long-awaited reviews...
Related Posts with Thumbnails